Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Mind Wide Open Challenge Image

In looking for an image to present for the May challenge I found some scans of old cabinet cards I own. As usual I have questions. I could be wrong but I am assuming the children in this picture are brother and sister although to my eye I don't think they look a lot alike. And I find myself  wondering why these two children look so solemn? What can I read in their expressions? Maybe it is nothing more than back in that day and age it took so long for a picture to be taken that it was hard to hold a smile that long. And I also wonder why is the little boy sitting and the gfirl standing? Why not the other way around? And why does it look like he is wearing a collar of the priesthood? Is he really or is it just a fluke of the way the clothing is arranged? I wonder what happened to these two children and why this photo ended up in a flea market. I find this is the way of old photos I come upon. I can sit and stare at them and have questions, but usually no answers. People photos have always intrigued me as I try to divine their story from a short moment stolen in time.

Our rules to play the game are at the top of the blog, kindly take a moment to read them if you are new to our site, they are few and simple.
The image is approx. 4 x 6" at 300dpi, and should print very well for you. To grab the image right click on it, then click Save Picture As and save to your computer. You are welcome to re-size it to fit your needs, or alter it in any manner as long as it is some way recognizeable as the image I provided.

Your jpeg image is due to me shabby{at}lgschmidt.net by days end of   May 9. I will then get all images and links listed and announce when voting is open.
And here is your image.


I'll look forward to your creations!
xxo
Gail

3 comments:

Linda M. said...

Gail, That photo was taken right here in my home town. The only name I recognize at the bottom of the cover is Pomeroy. Years ago we had a Pomeroy's Department Store in downtown Reading. I'm sorry to say I do not know the children or the faces or how they ended up in your Tennessee home. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Linda

Gail Schmidt said...

Oh my gosh what a coincidence Linda! And I actually found the cabinet card at a NC flea market so it has certainly travelled around. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Gail

Donna said...

Thanks for posting the challenge...I'm a newbie here so if I get it wrong or misunderstand the rules, feel free to scold me!Hahaa
hughugs